We Can Provide You With A Business Email Address For Less Than You Think…
We have written this article to help you choose your professional email address…
Choosing a Domain
Lots of people start businesses, upgrade their wardrobe, buy business cards because it’s the done thing but when they think about getting a professional email account they just don’t know where to start. That’s where Navitas Design can help you.
We want to take the techie out of getting a domain name and give you a little help. The first thing you need to do is get a name that isn’t already being used.
So here are our tips:
- Use your company name – if you don’t have one you can use your own name. i.e. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Keep it simple – if you have a long company name try to shorten it if you can but keep it sensible and memorable
- Make sure that there are no words that could be read incorrectly when you link up your company name without spaces. I’m keeping it clean but I think you know what I’m saying!
- Some programs like MailChimp or other email programs won’t accept the sale@ etc. Make sure that one of your addresses includes your name for the situations where you cannot use a generic email account.
- .co.uk’s and .coms are both acceptable for UK businesses, you may want to reserve both.
For more information on our web hosting packages visit our web hosting page. If you require assistance setting up addresses in Outlook and iPad / iPhone we have instructions available.*
Contact us or call us on 01869 278217 to reserve a domain name and find out more about getting a business email account.